Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SSB demodulation

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SSB demodulation
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:50:45 -0700

cswiger wrote:

Hi All - I'm making wild stabs are writing modules to demod SSB
with REAL+IMAG or REAL-IMAG for upper and lower sideband, simply
by cloning David Carr's gr_complex_mag module:

You have to phase delay the IMAG (Q) symbol stream by 90 degrees (Hilbert transform all-pass filter) prior to the addition or subtraction with the REAL (I) symbol stream. (And don't forget to keep them in time sync; that is, whatever the sample propagation delay through the Hilbert filter is for the Q stream must be accounted for in the I stream prior to addition or subtraction.)

This is the "phasing" method of SSB modulation/demodulation, Google has many references.

73 de Johnathan, AE6HO