[Discuss-gnuradio] Question about potential application of gnuradio and

From: Heiko Jones
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about potential application of gnuradio and the USRP
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:11:34 -0700

I have a potential application that I want to try with gnuradio and
eventually the USRP. I have a digital data stream, already down
converted here in the lab (I can worry about the real RF signal later),
that is a 0 to 5V level PCM data stream, usually encoded NRZ-L, but
possible NRZ-M or Biphase-L. Additionally, it can be Viterbi encoded or
not. The stream of ones and zeros can be up to 1.92 Mbits/sec. First,
can the USRP read a signal like that and give me a bit stream out to my
application with the simple raw coax daughter card? I would also like
to, at the same time, read in a similar data stream of IRIG-B time (sine
wave, amplitude change makes marks and spaces of slo code) that is
1Kbit/sec.

Also, potentially, since the digital data stream is actually in frames
with a frame sync pattern in it, is there room for the USRP to actually
digitize and frame sync it for me in the fpga, and send the binary data
already in frames to my application too? Same question for converting
IRIG stream into a digital time in the fpga.

Is there any similar examples of an application looking at digital PCM
data like this in the stuff you have? I am still looking over all the
docs and code.

Thanks! Heiko