[Discuss-gnuradio] Eric, will give you a call this week.

From: David Beberman
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Eric, will give you a call this week.
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:31:19 -0700

Will try to reach you this week.

Your concept of shifting pieces back and forth between processors sounds
interesting.  Not sure how you accomplish that, or are planning to.
Sounded like you wanted it to happen dynamically.  Should be interesting to
read. I'm guessing that it looks a lot different then the previous architecture for threading. On realtime kernel issues, Timesys makes claims that their approach to kernel preemption is superior to 2.6. I'll have to read their docs again, but I think the claim is that with SMP, their approach is superior because they don't lock up all processes on a processor when in a critical section. They don't use spinlocks. The also have their own wrapper for device drivers to prioritize interrupt handlers. Only looked through their docs so far, last week. Can't tell what is really there, and have yet to look at 2.6.
I will look through the sections you recommended this week as well.

David