[Discuss-gnuradio] Considering OFDM implementation on GNU Radio

From: David Beberman
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Considering OFDM implementation on GNU Radio
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:41:01 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I've been interested in the GNU Software Radio project for a couple
months or so.

I've just downloaded and gone through some of the current
source code.  The examples are fairly straight forward.  From those
and using them as a guide to explore some of the classes, I think
I have a good handle on how the system works.

(Did I miss some notes on system overview on the project website
or in the doc directory?  If not, and I manage to write something that
works, I might take a crack at writing a short intro.)

I'm going to attempt to put together a rudimentary OFDM radio capable
of transmitting and receiving OFDM bursts.  Unfortunately, I am not a DSP
expert with experience in OFDM.  I am familiar with the concepts involved
and have done some simulation code before.  I'm going to try to do
simple QAM modulation on the carriers.

I haven't started to look at the drivers for ADC/DAC and radio board support
yet,
but
I expect I'll be writing my own drivers for whatever boards I can lay my hands
on
anyways.

Please let me know if anybody has done anything like this before.
In particular, I could use help with frequency offset error estimation and
correction,
time synchronization, and bit slicing the QAM signals efficiently.

David Beberman