[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP and KD7O design

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP and KD7O design
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:36:28 -0800

This is from Stein Erik.  I've just posted it for him.

Eric

Hi fellow sdrExperimenters

We are a group of five hams just started with an SDR project. We have
started with KD7O's "A High-Performance Digital-Tranceiver Design" and have
purchased the circuit boards for this design. However, as a start instead of
using the specific DSP board, we have decided to do signal processing on a
PC running Linux and Mac running OS X (me). We have decided to use USB
interface towards our PC/Mac. We have been experimenting with the Cypress
AN2135 and is now working on how to interface it to the the KD7O design. We
have been discussing using an FPGA on the USB board.

After learning more about the GnuRadiowe discover it has very much the same
approach as we. I have not found any schematics on the USRP and do not know
if it could suit our purpose.

Are there information available for us to evaluate whether USRP design would
suit our purpose?

Are there samples of the USRP board to experiment with?

73 de Stein Erik/LA7OU