[Discuss-gnuradio] GPS Proof-of-Concept is available

From: Krzysztof Kamieniecki
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS Proof-of-Concept is available
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 02:32:35 -0500

After many moons, I finally have something that may be of interest to people.

kkGPS (for lack of a better name) is the beginning of a software GPS receiver with software correlators. Right now it uses a 5MS/s simulated noise free signal from six "satellites" with IFs of ~1.25MHz. The software decodes subframes 1, 2, and 3 and uses ephemeris data to calculate the user position.

Currently the correlators run about 4x slower then needed for a realtime 12 channel receiver on my P3 550Mhz with PC100 ram. A P4-HT 3.2Ghz with PC3200 ram that I have access too seems to be able to run a ~30 channel receiver in realtime. The SSE correlator is a work in progress.

This is prototype code, so excuse the mess.

THERE WILL BE MAJOR CHANGES MADE TO THE CODE.

http://www.kamieniecki.com/krys/gps/README.txt
http://www.kamieniecki.com/krys/gps/kkGPS-0.0.zip

--
Krzysztof Kamieniecki