Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New FrontEnd Schematic & Layout

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New FrontEnd Schematic & Layout
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:39:17 -0800

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 08:38:11PM -0800, cfk wrote:
> Dear Guys:

>     The way the programming of the I2C address works is that if pin 11 is
> grounded, the tuner responds to an address of 0xC0. If that same pin is left
> open, it responds to an address of 0xC2. If that pin is held halfway between
> ground and +5V, it responds to an address of 0xC4 and if the same pin is
> connected to +5V, it responds to an address of 0xC6.

Nice job on the board!

I just want to clear up one thing with the I2C addresses.  They are 7
bits, not 8.  What the 4702 data sheet is calling the address isn't
really the address.  It's the address shifted left one bit with a zero
(indicating a WRITE) in the low bit.

The real addresses are 0x60, 0x61, 0x62 and 0x63.
In order for the software to work, the correct addresses must be used.

Eric