[Discuss-gnuradio] 0.9alpha1 compilation error

From: Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] 0.9alpha1 compilation error
Date: 25 Dec 2003 19:59:13 +0530

I downloaded -0.9alpha1 and while compiling it, I get an error related
to USRP files.

usrp_config.h file not found while compiling GrUsrpSink.cc

I later found that this file is in the USRP CVS repository (which is in
sourceforge opensdr repository)

As I understand, GNURadio is a framework, so shouldn't it compile without
USRP or any other stuff (just like the way it compiles without those
high speed ADC related files) ??? Or can't we put all these together in
savannah itself in another directory inside the gnuradio repository?

As I understand, not everyone is going to use USRP. I can make a USRP
-dev debian package which has all these include files and libs and add
a build dependency to usrp-dev for gnuradio. But I sincerely feel we
should keep the original definition of gnuradio as it is.

73
--
    Ramakrishnan                   http://www.hackGNU.org/
    Use Free Software -- Help stamp out Software Hoarding!