RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] MicroTune Tuners

From: Ben Gelb
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] MicroTune Tuners
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:42:20 -0400

Thanks very much for your help.

I will give Microtune a call and see if I can squeeze one or two of
those modules out of them, if not I will be off on a salvage mission.
I'd have to imagine the odds of running up against and actual Microtune
module are sort of slim, so hopefully whatever I may come across will
have some documentation available.

I think that 5.75MHz was sort of a rare IF value for a tuner. (?) It
sounds as if something like 36MHz or 44MHz might be more common. If this
is the case can you suggest any sort of down-converter circuit? Would
something simple like an SA602 with a local oscillator of some sort
suffice? Analog electronics is not an area I'm particularly strong in,
so any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks very much for your invitation to Lamar. Lamar hadn't been on my
radar screen, but I'll have to take a look at it.

-Ben