Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Microtune 4937 RF module discontinued ...

From: tongaloa
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Microtune 4937 RF module discontinued ...
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:21:50 -0400

I have a number of modules that accept 45kHz input (max sensitivity approx -104dbm on the units I measured). Output is Audio following Sony FM discriminator chip.
Bandwidth is close enough to 30kHz for VHF weather satellite use.

You can grab signal elsewhere in the signal chain and if desired change a resistor to
convert the limiter amp to lower or unity gain.

See here:
<http://edebris.com/catalog/view_item.php?id=256>

select original and 95 from scale/quality options to read docs...
Ignore price on page $22 for 2 will include airmail postage, worldwide...
use paypal and state that it's for I.F./detector block

-Bob

Saeed Beyty wrote:

*/>>San Thanh Nguyen <address@hidden>/* wrote:
>>hi all, i'm a student trying to get this software radio working but i'm
>>having difficulty finding the Microtune 4937 RF tuner module with IF
>>output 5.75MHz, because they discontinued the chip. does anyone know
>>a good replacement for this module or alternative to use a high IF output
>>and use another module to reduce the IF output to what is needed for the
>>project. I'm using the Measurement Computing PCI-DAS4020/12 as recommneded at
>>the website.

Hi
I need some such a kind of downconveretor too !
i got a commercial PAL tv tuner which has an IF in 45MHZ , so i need to mix it down to fit in the PCI-DAS4020 bandwidth , i tried some mixer and oscillators such az ne612 va .., but i could not succeed cause i'm not a RF designer . any way i need it too !
-- Saeed