[Discuss-gnuradio] Where does the code spend its time

From: Thibaut Weise
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where does the code spend its time
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:55:31 +0200 (MEST)

I am currently working on a project where I try to find the CPU-hungry parts
of the gnuradio in order to implement these parts on an FPGA.

Basically, I use a compiler to transform c-loops to logic on a FPGA, which
could
then speed-up the process. The problem is that I have to find first the
loops where most of the time is spent, and then I have to analyze whether
it is suitable for transformation to the FPGA.

I can get ideas by running profilers etc, but I thought it would be a good
to first
get some hints from the developers of gnuradio.

I would be very grateful for some suggestions,

Thibaut Weise