[Discuss-gnuradio] No need to high speed A/Ds !!

From: Saeed Beyty
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] No need to high speed A/Ds !!
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:14:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi again
Some while ago there was an idea about using a F/V convetror before the A/D section,at the front-end section;as you know one of the main problems building the ideal SDR is the slow A/Ds ( although there are some really high speed ones, but still way to go till the ideal SDR ! )
 So it is a great job making a trick to overcome this dilemma. i once wrote about it to the discuss but it was not accepted so much :http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2003-05/msg00005.html

if we think of a F/V cheap as a FFT generator one, then not only the required bandwidth and therefore the required sampling rate is reduced but also we could do some demodulations much more easier, with respect to the fact that today most of modulations are frequency domain based.
in the case of non-frequency based demodulations  such as AM or ASK, just an IFFT (inverse FFT ) will solve the problem,regenarating the original signal,then this could be a ideal and universal radio paltform.
please take a little while, thinking about this idea, and write me your feedback.

thanks
--Saeed

Do you Yahoo!?