Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with PCI-DAS4020/12I

From: Steve Franke
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with PCI-DAS4020/12I
Date: 17 Jun 2003 12:17:14 -0700

I am experiencing the lockup problem with the mc4020 driver. I am using
the patched driver which has the get_page(page) instruction commented
out (from CVS).

The symptoms are as follows -
1. I can run any of the gnuradio example programs once. They run fine
and will run indefinitely without any glitches.  After I terminate the
program using the Quit button on the gui, a subsequent attempt to run
the program locks up the computer hard, requiring me to reboot.

2. I can run adc-test many times in a row without problems as long as
the program is allowed to terminate normally.  If I CTRL-C out of the
program while it is running, the next attempt to run adc-test locks up
the machine just after issuing the following lines:
Success: open
Success: setconfig

The lockup appears to occur when the following instruction is executed
within adc-test:
ioctl(device_fd, GIOSETBUFSIZE ...)

I have tried unloading the mc4020 driver after the first program is run,
and this does not help.  The motherboard is an ASUS P4PE, 2.53 GHz P4,
512 MB.

Thanks in advance for any hints!!

Steve Franke