Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB2 <-> fast ADC & DAC

From: Henrique Miranda
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB2 <-> fast ADC & DAC
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 03:07:48 +0100 (WEST)

> Is there a analytic relationship which provides a minimum sample
> frequency, orders, and interval limits? such as:
>
> F(fcenter, fbandwidth/2) = { fsample, n-1, n }

Joseph,

After some calculations I came with the following procedure:

1: The Nyquist region can be obtained using n = floor(fc/B + 1/2)
   where floor(x) rounds x towards minus infinity, fc is the
   IF center frequency and B the signal bandwidth.

2: The minimum fs can then be easily obtained by fs = (2*fc+B)/n

3: If the optimum fs is intended use fs = 4*fc/(2*n-1) instead.

Moreover, if (fc/B + 1/2) is an integer, then minimum fs equals
the optimum fs.

If you find some inconsistency in this procedure please let me know.

Henrique