Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New SDR platform

From: Paul A. Scott
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New SDR platform
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:43:44 -0700

> This SDR-14 thing looks interesting, but I wonder what it means when someone
> says "it does not offer AGC".  I am a software person, not an RF person.

AGC means automatic gain control; strong signals will not overload your
speaker or your ears.

I listened to the MP3 examples from the SDR-14, and to my ear it sounded
like there was perhaps a software fast-attack and -decay AGC in operation.
Maybe this apparent AGC action was added during conversion to MP3. I just
don't know.

--
Paul A. Scott
mailto:address@hidden