Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New to the group

From: H. R. Myler (@ pbLULU)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New to the group
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:51:22 -0500

At 4:10 PM -0500 4/7/03, Paul Zawada wrote:
Hi all

I am starting to work in the SDR area and planning to start out by
building myself a GNU Radio platform to play with...  Hopefully in
the long term I will be able to contribute to the project and add to
the momentum.
I've got a pretty good grasp on how to put something together..   I'm
planning on using the Microtune tuner and I have a few novice questions.

First of all, how do I get one of these units?  Do I contact Microtune
directly or do they sell small quantities through a distributor network?
Is there someone at Microtune that knows what the GNU Radio project is and
may streamline the process?

Getting the MicroTune unit is non-trivial. I asked my tech to order one and he spent quite a while with them on the phone. Apparently they had to order it from Singapore or some other nonsense. I imagine if you get to a stocking distributor you may get different results, but I am still waiting on the part (two weeks later). Once it comes in I can post the acquisition details.

Harley Myler