Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple applications using same A/D converter?

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiple applications using same A/D converter?
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 13:55:36 -0800

> From all of the code I've studied, each application seems like it takes
> exclusive control of the ADC for its specific task (even the sample that
> demodulates two FM broadcasts at once).

You can run two simultaneous uses of the same signal samples INSIDE
a GNU Radio process.  It just depends how you hook up the inputs and
outputs of the various modules.

If you really want to run the processing in separate Unix processes,
there are already GNU Radio modules that do TCP input and output.  You
can run three copies of GNU Radio, with one controlling the ADC, and
feeding two or more others over TCP, with the subset of the signals
that each desires.

Soon we'll have integrated Python scripting into GNU Radio, making it
easy for anyone to set up their own processing pipelines interactively.
The code is already written and running; it just needs to be patched
into the current GNU Radio code.  Then it should be easy to noodle
around doing experiments with various methods like this.

        John