[Discuss-gnuradio] Fax question

From: David
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fax question
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:39:17 +1100

I have been looking at GNU Radio and was wondering how feasible it might be
 to use it for something like a fax protocol analyser.

I would be looking at using either baseband analogue POTS or aLaw/uLaw. I
looked over the source and seem to remember seeing a uLaw implementation.

What I want to do is be able to detect the different fax tones and then map
them to the correct parts of the fax protocol (not so concerned about th
actual fax data itself).

My question is really two fold:

1)      Is this possible with GNU Radio (presumably involving programming).

2)      How feasible is for someone to do it considering I am only currently
learning C++

Thank you for both the project and any suggestions you can make.
--
Best Regards,
--

Love -- the last of the serious diseases of childhood.