Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Microtune evaluation board

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Microtune evaluation board
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 12:15:44 -0800

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 12:23:51PM -0600, Christopher Michael Best wrote:
>       Just a quick question.  How do I order a Microtune evaluation
> board?  I am trying to assemble a RF frontend for my GNU radio system, and
> this looks like the easiest way to do so.
>
>                    Regards,
>                      Christopher Best

You could contact Microtune.  Note that boards were about $500, and
required 4 external power supplies.  The module itself works fine,
but it would be nice to have a different eval board that:

  (1) different parallel port pin out so that no SUID program is
      required to twiddle the bits.

  (2) on board generation of -5V and RF-AGC and IF-AGC control levels,
      either from power leached off of parallel port, or from single
      external +5 supply.

  (3) Dual trim dacs hung off of the I2C bus, to control the RF and
      IF AGC voltages.

If you're interested in laying out a new board, I can help with the
schematic.

Eric