[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: [Dewayne-Net] RE: Hollings loss is our gain

From: Steve Schear
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: [Dewayne-Net] RE: Hollings loss is our gain
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:55:34 -0800

At 12:29 PM 11/11/2002 -0800, Dewayne Hendricks wrote:
[Note:  This comment comes from reader Chuck Jackson. DLH]
   At 11:00 -0800 11/11/02, Steve Schear wrote:
 >   >With the Republicans taking control of the Senate, Sen. Ernst
 >   >Hollings will no longer be Chairman of the Commerce
 >   Committee.
SNIP

 >   It will be interesting to see which
 >   Republican is selected to replace him and what policies are
emphasized in the coming term.

It is virtually certain to be Senator McCain.

Although it always difficult to determine where a politician really stands on an issue. Senator John McCain's (R-Arizona) said: "I believe the concerns of content providers are justified. They invest creativity, effort, and capital into producing high quality films and programming and should be able, adequately, to protect their investments. I am apprehensive, however, of proposals that select technological winners and losers and mandate government intervention in the marketplace."

steve