[Discuss-gnuradio] QEX Software Radio Article

From: Ian Wraith
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] QEX Software Radio Article
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:40:54 +0100

Hello
     In his proposed FAQ Eric mentioned ..

>For narrow band work with GNU Radio, you'll need kind of RF >tuner/transverter. Someone pointed out that in one of the latest issues >of QEX magazine there's an article about a kit that is designed to be >the RF front end for a software radio that connects to a sound card. I >haven't seen the article so I can't comment.

 Ever since I have been trying to find which of my amateur friends
subscribes to QEX so I can have a look at this article but without
any luck. So I was very pleased to tonight to discover the ARRL
have put both articles in QEX's software radio for the masses series
online. They are PDF's and can be found at ..

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/sdr.html

then scroll down to the software defined radio for the masses link.

 Part 1 has a lovely little circuit for generating an I & Q for a
soundcard from a signal between 100 KHz and 54 MHz (a local
oscillator source is needed also). It looks like it would be ideal
for the narrowband gnuradio and I don't think it would cost much
to make either.

 Have a look and see what you all think.

Regards

Ian