Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hardware for Gnu Radio

From: David Bengtson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hardware for Gnu Radio
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 21:46:25 -0400

On Fri, 31 May 2002 08:51:35 -0700, you wrote:

>At 10:05 PM 5/29/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>>Hi:
>>
>>I'm another person who stumbled onto this from Slashdot. I'm curious
>>to know if anyone is seriously looking at designing some external RF
>>Front-end hardware and A/D converter's for Gnu Radio.
>
>There has been some discussion.  An informal requirements document has been
>privately circulated but that's about it.  A few have expressed interest in
>taking this further but no one has actually stepped forward to do so.  Are
>you qualified and volunteering?

I believe I'm qualified for the RF Hardware development. I'm clueless
as to the software side of things. Asm I volunteering? I'm not sure
yet. It's a fairly large task, although not out of the question.

>>If not, what bands are people interested in receiving?
>
>There is great interest in bands below 3 GHz and various satellite bands.

Are you talking about a 30 MHz to 3 GHz type of coverage? That would
be interesting. More complicated from an RF Hardware point of view.