Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FCC TAC meeting discusses SDR...

From: Steve Schear
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FCC TAC meeting discusses SDR...
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:11:53 -0700

At 11:22 AM 4/29/2002 -0700, Tim Pozar wrote:
BTW... In this presentation Vanu suggested that we treat spectrum
as a commodity where spectrum is bided on per usage.  Of course
that just describes the auction process we have now where it screws
the innovators that don't have money.

How about designating broad swaths of spectrum to be "commons", adopt a limit on the transmission power per unit and let the those with the highest jam margin survive.

steve