discuss-gnu-electric

Re: pad frame

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: pad frame
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:40:47 -0800

I have imported a gds2 file that Electric reads just fine. I can turn off/on any of the layers I wish *except* for pad-frame. They appear as small red boxes all over the place. I am no layout expert so I am unsure of these are required to be visible but I would like to turn off the viewing of them. Does anyone know how I can disable them? Does my question make sense?

Do you want those "Pad frame" layers? Are they truly "pad frame"? I suspect that these are extraneous layers that somehow got mapped to the "pad frame" layer. Check your "GDS Options".

As far as "turning off" their visibility, are you saying that the "Layer Visibility" command does not affect these, even when unchecking "Pad frame"? Can you control visibility if you explicitly place a "Pure Layer Node" of "Pad Frame"?

   -Steven Rubin