discuss-gnu-electric

you guessed it...busses again

From: Al Arduengo
Subject: you guessed it...busses again
Date: 26 Feb 2002 07:00:05 -0600

Hi all,

Ok. I have tinkered with busses some more and, with the aid of
Tuukka's examples as well as Steve's I have managed to get *output*
busses to work. However nothing I do will let me set values for input
busses. All I get is the following in the message window:

> back 0
> flush
> vector out[3:0] out[3] out[2] out[1] out[0]
((null),0): cannot find node out[3]
((null),0): cannot find node out[2]
((null),0): cannot find node out[1]
((null),0): cannot find node out[0]
> vector in[3:0] in[3] in[2] in[1] in[0]
((null),0): cannot find node in[3]
((null),0): cannot find node in[2]
((null),0): cannot find node in[1]
((null),0): cannot find node in[0]
> s 4
> set in[3:0] 0000
((null),0): in[3:0]: No such vector
> set in[3:0] 0101
((null),0): in[3:0]: No such vector

based on the example Steve gave me. In tis one I am attempting to
change the in[3:0] vector to a 5. I still get the feeling it is
based on a naming (or lack thereof) problem. Can anyone address this?
I hate to bother but I *really* want to use Electric for all my
needs. I am on a quest.

Thanks!
Rgds,
-Al Arduengo
--
"Place your hand on a hot stove for a  minute and it seems like
an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour and it seems like a