discuss-gnu-electric

Update to release 6.05 of Electric

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Update to release 6.05 of Electric
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:37:48 -0800

Well, the GNU folks just looked at Electric (probably for the first time ever) and discovered that the manual, which is packaged with the source, has GIF files in it.

This isn't allowed, and so I've replace all of them with PNG images. This has forced me to upload a new version of "electric-6.05.tar.gz" to the GNU site.

While I was at it, I discovered a few small bugs in this release and fixed them.

Also, I discovered that Qt users cannot build LISP, TCL, or IRSIM due to incompatibilities with the C++ compiler. I have fixed the LISP and IRSIM code that is available from Static Free Software (www.staticfreesoft.com). TCL users are out of luck for now (or just don't use Qt).

Sorry for the confusion, but if you've been bitten by any bugs or any of these incompatibilities, just download everything again.

   -Steven Rubin