Re: [directory-discuss] [[Sux0r]] links to a proprietary page

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] [[Sux0r]] links to a proprietary page
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 14:12:35 +1100

Hi Ian,

Thanks for sharing. I indeed agree that opening the homepage works OK with
librejs for the most part.

Ian Kelling <address@hidden> wrote:
> Visiting a http://github.com link does not require running nonfree
> javascript. It asks the browser to, but you can choose not to by
> disabling it through settings or an extension like librejs or noscript
> or others. That is the case for most web pages, so It's ok for the
> directory to link to them.

Imagine when visiting a homepage, it would run skype.exe in background without
prompting. Since most users don't have librejs and don't know of the problem,
that's effectively what happens. We are helping various peple track FSF
directory users by linking to the page.

If removing the home page link is not an option, what about running a proxy
with librejs on it to disable proprietary scripts? And whenever someone clicks
a link, open it through that proxy.

Svetlana