Re: [directory-discuss] [[Sux0r]] links to a proprietary page

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] [[Sux0r]] links to a proprietary page
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 10:36:46 -0500

Svetlana Tkachenko <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Sux0r links to a proprietary page,
> https://github.com/connerbw/sux0r . Could this please be removed?
>
> Svetlana

I see most files have a comment saying license is gpl 3.0. So as far as
I can tell, there is a clear indication the authors intend it to be free
and gpl, nothing indicating they intended any part to be proprietary.  I
think these are extremely common mistakes, so generally, we should
consider it a mistake and free and file a bug and leave it in the
directory.

The bug would say: please specify "or later" vs "only" and include the
license file and include notices in all files, and write a license
declaration in the readme that covers any files that are missing a
license notice. I'd also make a note in the directory entry, in the
license section.

I don't see a place to file a bug, so it seems you'd need to track down
some contact info for the authors.

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF