Re: [directory-discuss] Unable to search for GPL packages

From: Greg Rundlett (freephile)
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Unable to search for GPL packages
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 18:50:46 -0400

I really appreciate all your feedback and helpful info about these projects. I will update my wiki page accordingly (and I welcome contributors). You are correct that by 'free' v. 'non-free' I really meant Copyleft vs. not copyleft.

The way I see it, every project I've ever known and loved that was not copyleft has been bought out. So in essence, it's either Copyleft, or nothing. I want to setup a code hosting and development platform for eQuality-Tech and right now I have my code on GitHub. l'm not going to keep it there, and I'm not going to repeat the same mistake by jumping to GitLab; or any project that is not Copyleft.

Thanks,

Greg