Re: [directory-discuss] Evaluating different components of Bitwarden

From: David Seaward
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Evaluating different components of Bitwarden
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 06:05:58 -0000

Ian Kelling <address@hidden> wrote:
> mono-runtime-sgen and monodevelop is packaged in debian, it
> runs c#, so it seems patent threats are just theoretical and I
> think we can call a C# program free software at this point.

Thanks for the feedback!

I've updated https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Mono to verify the
status of Mono.

On inspection, I'm not sure that bitwarden/core could run with
Mono, and it may also depend on Microsoft SQL Server. I've posted
a query upstream - https://github.com/bitwarden/core/issues/86 -
and will continue investigating as time permits.

Regards,
David