Re: [directory-discuss] guix tags that could be automatically extracted

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] guix tags that could be automatically extracted
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 15:43:22 +0200

Adonay,
Others,

On 16/07/17 15:04, Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote:
> NOTE: I'm confused as to which mailing list I should reply (other
> people, not the original author, posted to other mailing lists), so I'll
> keep this thread/topic in the original mailing list.

My intention — after checking with the author, of course — was to
discuss the hypothetical Mediawiki -> Guix importer on the Guix mailing
list, where it made more sense, and allow people here to focus on the
Guix -> Mediawiki direction, without taking liberties in editing their
original proposal.

I obviously failed hard at that, and should have made it more clear. My
apologies to both lists.

<snip>

> But I also share the same opinion as some of the people who replied to
> the crosspost made in the related thread in the guix-devel mailing list:
> I don't think doing the inverse by default would be practical. Now
> personally speaking: It's not because I don't trust the FSD, in fact, I
> trust it more than most packagers in the free/libre system
> distributions, but depending on the entries on the FSD to make the
> packages could be a loss on the auto-sufficiency described in
> [[https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html#complete-distros]].

So I think this part would be more on-topic elsewhere.

Kind regards,

T G-R