dino-list

Re: [Dino-list] New user - almost

From: Lars Luthman
Subject: Re: [Dino-list] New user - almost
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 13:06:30 +0100

On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 11:57 +0000, Matt Quinton wrote:
> Hi, I'm Matt, been using linux for a year or two now, but finally
> deciding to make the jump away from windows for music production as
> well.
>
> I found the Dino sequencer, which looks like it would fit my needs
> near perfectly, but I seem to be having trouble compiling it - neither
> the tarball nor the CVS tree seemed to work for me. Is this project
> completely dead? I noticed that it hasn't been updated in quite
> sometime.

The CVS tree isn't used any longer, the development has moved to a Git
repository at git://git.sv.gnu.org/dino.git. Run

  git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/dino.git

to get a copy of the tree, and then

  git pull

when you want to update it.

It's true that the project has been dormant for a while, but I'm hoping
to get it started again. The code currently in the Git repository
doesn't compile (I'm in the middle of some redesigning), but the latest
release, 0.2.2, should work. What problems are you seeing?

I notice that the webpage still refers to CVS for development code, will
fix that.

--ll