dgs-dev

script to generate patch for Aladdin gs 6

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: script to generate patch for Aladdin gs 6
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 01:39:06 +0900

>What(How?) is the status of the script, Adam?
>Doen anyone test the script?

I'm going to write the script.
If anybody already wrote, please let me know.

What feature is expected for the script? The generated patch should
include both of DPS sources (should go to dgs-0.6.x/DPS)
and the patches for Aladdin gs (should go to dgs-0.6.x/gs)?
The gs source should go to the sub directory of dgs source tree,
so making a patch which can used as:

        patch gs-6.01 < dgs.patch

is difficult. I had better make a sh script which moves gs source
to the sub directory and apply patches?

>I think John wrote something about the script, but I cannot reminder
>what he wrote.

Mr. John adviced that "cvs rdiff" is recommended because "cvs rdiff"
generates "collected" patch with the file location.

"cvs diff" simply joins the patches for each files, without the file
locations, so difficult to use as "patch -p* < dgs.patch".

suzuki