dev-serveez

[dev-serveez] recent CVS updates

From: stefan
Subject: [dev-serveez] recent CVS updates
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:21:00 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Serveez'ers,

        the recent changes in CVS are related to Guile compatibility and
documentation.  Serveez is now able to be compiled using Guile 1.5.6 and
post versions.  This was necessary for portability to ia64 GNU/Linux's.
Also I've been able to test Serveez on a HP-UX.

        We are yet waiting for some documentation updates by
J.C.Fitzgerald.  He helped me to clarify the Guile server functionality in
Serveez.  Moreover I added a 'Overall concept' and a 'Alternatives to
Serveez's I/O strategy' section to the documentation.  Both section are
yet rather empty:  anyone willing to contribute?  Help is *very*
appreciated.

        In the 'test' directory I put in a test suite library and a first
test for the Guile functionality we are using in Serveez.  The
'binary-test.scm' is meant to verify the binary smob functionality.  It is
not yet complete but has some example tests already.  Again: help highly
appreciated.

        The documentation snarfer in the 'doc' directory is now also able
to produce a file like the 'guile-procedures.txt'.  Thus you can issue the
following commands (included in 'serveez.scm'):
        $ (serveez-doc-add!)
        $ (help "binary?")
        $ (help "svz")

        Last, but not least, I would like to mention that the build system
of Serveez is kind of prepared for a switch to Autoconf 2.5x and Automake
1.6.x, but until this is not necessary I would like to postpone this as
long as possible for the sake of the good experiences we made so far with
the current requirements (Autoconf 2.13 and Automake 1.4p5).

Cheers,
        address@hidden