dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] required guile version

From: stefan
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] required guile version
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:00:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> > From: stefan <address@hidden>
> > Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:04:06 +0200 (CEST)
> >
> > while trying to link serveez against an installed guile 1.3.4 I had to
> > notice that the following symbols are version 1.4 compliant only:
> >
> > SCM_ASSERT_TYPE
> > scm_simple_format
> > scm_out_of_range_pos
> > scm_wrong_type_arg_msg
> >
> > I am now not sure how to replace these (is it easily possible ?). The
> > other alternative would be to require 1.4 or later...
>
> What about copying their implementation out of Guile 1.4/1.5 into
> libserveez, and enabling them only when configure detects that they
> are not available under the installed version of Guile?

Personally I do not consider this a good idea.

The "scm_simple_format" call I could replace by the function
"scm_display_error_message" which is actually what we want at this point
(see guile_exception).

The three others are temporarily replaced by its "one-argument-less"
implementations of guile 1.3.4:

SCM_ASSERT_TYPE -> SCM_ASSERT
scm_out_of_range_pos -> scm_out_of_range
scm_wrong_type_arg_msg -> scm_wrong_type_arg

Cheers,
        address@hidden