dev-serveez

[dev-serveez] passthrough

From: stefan
Subject: [dev-serveez] passthrough
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:38:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob wrote:

> inetd verbindet letztendlich eine socke mit stdin/stdout eines programms.
> ... in connect_socket wird das programm gestartet und die eingehende socke
> mit eben diesem programm verbunden, fertig.
>
> seh ich da was nicht ?

The current implementation in `passthrough.c' does the following:

This routine start a new program specified by @var{bin} passing the
socket descriptor in the socket structure @var{sock} to stdin and
stdout. The arguments and the environment of the new process can be passed
by @var{argv} and @var{envp}. The argument @var{flag} specifies the method
used to passthrough the connection. It can be either
@code{SVZ_PROCESS_FORK} (pass pipes or socket directly through
@code{fork()} and @code{exec()}) or @code{SVZ_PROCESS_SHUFFLE} (pass
socket transactions via a pair of pipes).

int
svz_sock_process (svz_socket_t *sock, char *bin,
                  char **argv, svz_envblock_t *envp, int flag)

This means:
Currently we are able to passthrough a simple tcp socket (neither pipe nor
udp). There is a subset of svz_envblock_* functions handling process
environments system independent (That is something you did not see). I am
not yet sure how to pass this routine the command line (Yet another thing
you did not see).

Could you live with the above routine ?

Cheers,
        address@hidden