[Denemo-devel] [bug #56252] Denemo Windows Environment Variable Bug

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #56252] Denemo Windows Environment Variable Bug
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 12:16:37 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

This is the conversation I just input into the Denemo IRC chat:

[12:10] == DenemoGuest5 address@hidden/web/freenode/ip.167.88.213.74] has
joined #denemo
[12:10] <DenemoGuest5> hello
[12:10] <DenemoGuest5> is anyone on?
[12:11] <DenemoGuest5> I wanted to report a bug in Denemo for windows
(downloaded with the "windows" version button at the top of the download page
- http://denemo.org/downloads/denemo-2.2.0-0.mingw.exe
[12:12] <DenemoGuest5> after installing this Denemo version, Denemo wrote it's
own directory to my Windows Environment Variables PATH causing command prompt
commands to return "XXXXX is not recognized as a internal or external
command"
[12:13] <DenemoGuest5> I had to navigate to the Environment Variables in the
Advanced section of My Computer properties and Edit it to point to
C:\windows\system32\ so that command prompt commands would be recognized
again
[12:13] <DenemoGuest5> otherwise, I have just started using Denemo and I like
it - I have found it easier to notate than other programs such as Musescore
and such
[12:14] <DenemoGuest5> Thank you, I will also send an email if I can locate
the contact info

Thank you, cool program

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?56252>

  Message sent via Savannah