Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:15:23 +0000

On Sun, 2019-02-17 at 17:54 -0800, rain wrote:
> Yes, the new Swap Passages command has some very useful coding style
> that could be reused in different scenarios. It could help me refine
> what I've got so far for the intervals to other staffs commands.
> Also, I want to use features from Swap Passages to make it so I can
> select just a line of notes the same duration in columns of multiple
> staffs (right now selecting columns selects the whole measure, as far
> as I know), and will study how you used the "GetStart/EndTick" to see
> if that will be the key there.

Yes, the built-in selection mechanism doesn't attempt to use less than
full measures when more than one staff is involved. This is because it
is not clear what objects are in the "same" column. You would have to
cope with notes and rests that straddle beats (and even bars) and grace
notes and non-note objects. The Swap Passages stuff leaves it to the
user to think about all that, working with the MIDI on and off times
attached to the objects in the staff. These are assigned even to things
like Rehearsal Marks that don't have on and off times in real life.