Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2019 15:51:58 +0000

On Sat, 2019-02-02 at 10:03 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> However, having written out what you are trying to do, I think there
> may be more elegant ways of doing it - I'll get back to this later
> today if I get the chance.

OK, this is what I think you want - first of all two procedures which
are not in Denemo currently, but I think ought to be:

(define (d-MoveToStaffUpAppending)
    (d-MoveToStaffUp)
    (GoToMeasureEnd))

This is a move to staff up which also moves to the end of the measure -
a similar one for StaffDown too, these will be in the Navigation-
>Cursor menu

  (define (ChangeDuration value)
    (case value
        ((0) (d-ChangeTo0))
        ((1) (d-ChangeTo1))
        ((2) (d-ChangeTo2))
        ((3) (d-ChangeTo3))
        ((4) (d-ChangeTo4))
        ((5) (d-ChangeTo5))
        ((6) (d-ChangeTo6))
        ((7) (d-ChangeTo7))))

This allow you to change duration by value.
Both of these you can just put at the top of your Scheme script until you have
tonight's build.

then here is what I think you want as a command to enter counterpoint above a
Cantus Firmus:
(start with the cursor on the Cantus note, or in the appending position after
the note)

    (if (Appending?)
        (d-MoveCursorLeft)) ;move onto the Cantus note
    (d-SetMark)
    (d-Copy)
    (d-MoveToStaffUpAppending)
    (d-Paste)
    (d-MoveCursorLeft)
    (ChangeDuration (d-GetPrevailingDuration))
    (d-ShiftRealDialogUp)

Now you can change the duration of the harmony note, add staccato dots
etc. Then back to your Cantus note to get ready to repeat adding
another counterpoint note or adding another note in the Cantus Firmus.

I think that is what you were wanting. For now you can test it out by
putting the script into the Scheme Window and setting Return as the
keyboard shortcut for the command Edit->Execute Scheme
You should then be able to try out the work flow (apart from not having
a key shortcut for MoveToStaffBelowAppending which won't be in the menu
until tomorrow...)

HTH