Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 15:38:23 +0000

On Tue, 2019-01-29 at 14:07 -0800, rain wrote:
>     "I'm not quite sure I understand what you are doing"...
> Starting with the future Cantus on a staff with bass clef, and above
> that, a staff with treble clef. If the user inputs a C note on the
> bass clef staff, then runs the scheme script via keypress-shortcut or
> palette button, [...]

Actually, what would *really* help is a pdf showing the desired output
- a short specimen of the sort of thing you are trying to create. Just
four or five bars with your Cantus and the counterpoint line as you
would like it to be when finished. I've understood when you say you
want to create the counterpoint line as you are entering/creating the
Cantus Firmus line. But I'm still not too sure whether you are only
interested in two-part counterpoint, and whether you want the
counterpoint line in the same octave as the bass line and how the
cantus might vary in rhythm, be broken by rests etc.