Re: [Denemo-devel] Ist & 2nd time bars

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Ist & 2nd time bars
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:28:43 +0000

Thanks Richard. See below:

Joe

On 16/01/2019 14:21, Richard Shann wrote:
On Wed, 2019-01-16 at 12:52 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
Hi Richard,
I'm having problems with 1st & second time bars.
If I use "Directive Barlines 1st & 2nd tine bars" at the end of a
multi-stave movement I get the 1st & second time marking on one stave
and not on the rest, with an extra start-repeat mark  put at the end
(which in this case I didn't need). And since extra bars are added to
the other staves the directive doesn't work on them.
yes, it only puts them in one staff, so you would have to copy and
paste them to the other staffs. Perhaps a bug report for an enhancement
(I can't see why you wouldn't want them in all parts).
I've written one.

  And the individual markings are hidden.
"individual markings" ??? what are you referring to?
Measures > Repeats gives you a stub help option that implies that you can add them using some hidden Lilypond commands. These may too complex for people like me.

  Allegedly by right-clicking on the Measure Repeat
Do you mean the repeat barline object?

  I can get them visible, but using my touch-pad I can't make them
visible.
The attached file has a problem at the end; the second time bar is
split incorrectly (it should have same pattern as the first time
bar).
You have an underfull bar (it shows blue in the display). If you really
want that you have to say so, using

Command: Short Measure
Allow too few notes/rests in this measure. LilyPond will engrave this
measure (in all staffs) with the short duration given by notes already
present when this command was issued.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Measures
Internal Name: ShortMeasure
Durrrr. I have used this before but had forgotten, and was assuming that the repeat would automatically include the Anacrusis bar in the counting!!!

[...]
This was also Movement 4 in a suite of short pieces. When I used the
View Typeset screen and then picked the Movement button it showed the
movement. When by editing I produced an error it showed the usual
Watermark message about the cursor position. But then on viewing the
edit screen I was pushed back to the first movement in the Score.
While not fatal it was annoying to have to press PgDn 3 times.

I can't reproduce this - I've created a score with several movements,

put an error in one (by Insert Lilypond and inserting rubbish) and then
positioned the cursor in another movement. It moved the cursor to the
correct movement and correct position. Perhaps if you have one of those
errors which don't have a position at a particular object in the
display? I've just tried putting an error in a directive attached to a
staff, and that took the cursor the the last position in the last
movement.

If it happens again I will try to be more methodical and report it.