[Denemo-devel] Swing playback for 8th notes - a.k.a. jazz feel

From: aleksandar m
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Swing playback for 8th notes - a.k.a. jazz feel
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 20:41:43 +0000

Hello! Few days ago I learned about your software, and I am still learning how to use it. I would like to know, is there an option for a swing playback and how to activate it if there is such? If not, can you implement it? The reason I am asking this is because I think that Denemo could be a great software for transcribing music, but not having the swing playback option (preferably customizable) would be a drawback for jazz musicians, because it would be harder, if at all possible to align the audio source with the MIDI playback.

So, what is needed is only a switchable swing feel of the playback, which is - the first of the two eight notes is a bit longer than the other. This should be customizable because different players play it differently. Visually, the score should remain the same.

Thank you very much and best regards!

Aleksandar