Re: [Denemo-devel] Staff to Voice directive

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Staff to Voice directive
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 09:22:39 +0100

On Sat, 2018-08-18 at 18:48 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Sat, 2018-08-11 at 21:27 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > On 08/11/18 16:19, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > > I have noticed that the StaffToVoice directive (at Staffs/Voices
> > > >
> > > Voices > Staff to Voice) does not work any more. Looking at the
> > > Scheme
> > > code of the directive, I see that the part doing the actual work
> > > seems
> > > to be missing, only a check is present.
> >
> > Well, the scheme script is okay and did not change, but the built-
> > in
> > directive (d-StaffToVoice) does not work, as can be checked with a
> > simple example creating two staffs with some notes and applying the
> > command.
>
> Sorry for the late reply - I've been offline for a week. It looks
> like
> you are right - what I notice is that if you save and re-load the
> file
> all seems to be well ... investigations ongoing...

Well, it turns out it hasn't been working for years - people don't
usually change their minds about whether they want a voice or a staff,
I guess - but it is fixed in git now.
Meanwhile, the real workaround is to go to the Score Layout and delete
the current layout (which has not noticed the structural change to the
score). Or any other structural change should trigger a re-calculation
of the layout...