Re: [Denemo-devel] ? d- Bravura/SMuFL

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] ? d- Bravura/SMuFL
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 11:42:03 +0100

On Sat, 2018-04-14 at 18:47 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> It looks like all the accidentals are available because they are in
> the SMuFL Bravura font.   I have some ida how to use them by reading
> this, but I have to learn how to use Lilypond

yes, absolutely.

> or is there a way to directly add script with Denemo?

when you add a script to Denemo you put inside that script the LilyPond
syntax that you want to end up being read by the LilyPond program, so
the first thing to do is find out what syntax you need to get LilyPond
to typeset what you want.
There is a thread on the LilyPond mailing list right now that is
relevant to what you want to do - it started yesterday entitled
"Defining Custom Symbols"
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2018-04/msg00426.html

That case is somewhat simpler - essentially replacing things like tr or
turn symbols with other symbols. You are replacing accidentals which is
slightly more involved (e.g. repeated accidentals on the same note in
same bar are not the same as repeated trills on the same note in the
same bar).

Nevertheless, you *will* get help if you give them a picture of what
you want to do. Asking a question which cannot be easily answered
because it is based on a misunderstanding of what LilyPond does is
trickier - but still usually gets a response in that list. If instead
you post up that makam example and say that you want to typeset another
shape of accidental glyph as found in xxx font then you will
undoubtedly get help.