Re: [Denemo-devel] microtonal accidentals

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] microtonal accidentals
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 17:37:05 +0100

On Fri, 2018-04-06 at 10:21 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> I am trying to see how Denemo works with microtonal accidentals.  I
> can not find in the manuals how to do this.   Could someone please
> direct me to the instructions on how to do this?

No-one has made any special support within Denemo, it would be quite
possible but you will need to exploit LilyPond's facilities to create
such notation.  For example

http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=585

gives such notation for Turkish music by incorporating "makam.ly". This
is something someone who was comfortable with the LilyPond syntax could
script so that Denemo could let you enter the accidentals (and even
display them in their typeset form in the Denemo Display) but you would
need some help with the Denemo Scheme syntax to do that (the suffixes
for the accidentals have to come between the note-name and any octave
indicators).

Let me know if you want to tackle that!