Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo on Linux

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo on Linux
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 12:52:58 +0100

well, you can build it - see http://denemo.org/hacking-sources/

>  to install Denemo on this Linux distro seemed to download a binary
> package for GNU Linux (http://denemo.org/downloads-page/) and execute
> the.sh file. I followed the instructions posted on the website as well
> as your advice listed below, but with no luck. I'm listing my steps
> below.
>
>       * After I downloaded the binary package,

you don't actually mention which binary package you downloaded - I guess

http://denemo.org/downloads/denemo-2.2.0-0.linux-x86.tar.xz

(you right click on the link to copy the URL of the actual file you are
downloading).

>       *  I extracted it on the desktop.
>       * I used terminal to move to the directory
>         ~/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0
>       * Then I entered ./Launch_Denemo.sh to execute the file.
>      1. After pressing enter, I received the following list of
>         messages in the terminal:
> ./Launch_Denemo.sh: line
> 10: /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/glib-compile-schemas: No
> such file or directory
>
> mkdir: cannot create directory '/home/live/fonts': File exists
>
> ./Launch_Denemo.sh: line
> 33: /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/fc-cache: No such file or
> directory
> ./Launch_Denemo.sh: line
> 34: /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/pango-querymodules: No
> such file or directory
> ./Launch_Denemo.sh: line
> 35: /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/denemo: No such file or
> directory

I presume /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/denemo *does* exist
(do
ls -l /home/live/Desktop/denemo-2.2.0/usr/bin/denemo
to check), and so this will be the problem that you have a 64-bit system
and the denemo binary you downloaded will be a 32-bit one. There is a
link on the downloads page to some guidance about getting your o/s to
run 32-bit binaries.
Alternatively, ask Jeremiah to build a 64-bit binary for GNU/Linux.