Re: [Denemo-devel] Time Signature Whiteout (was Proportional Notation)

From: NagyMusic
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Time Signature Whiteout (was Proportional Notation)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 00:37:05 +0000

Ok, thanks for the clarification. It's working great.

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 3:48 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 2017-09-26 at 02:11 +0000, NagyMusic wrote:
> Thanks, Richard. I tried experimenting with this but as you
> speculated, I do need some help with inserting the Lilypond Denemo
> Directive. I'd like to set the whiteout globally for all time
> signatures (and later for key signatures) in the piece. Do I attach
> the directive at the first time signature

no, in the case where you want the whiteout to affect all time
signatures you can insert a single Denemo Directive at the start of the
music in the first staff. That directive should contain

   \override Score.StaffSymbol.layer = #4
   \override Staff.TimeSignature.layer = #3
   \override Staff.TimeSignature.whiteout = ##t

(you will need to paste this into the Entry Box of Directives->Insert
LilyPond as you cannot type carriage returns into that box).

>  in each voice (the pieces alternates between different time
> signatures)?
My guess is that you only need it once, in one staff - this is a
LilyPond question though, not a Denemo one, and unfortunately I'm not a
LilyPond expert. You could experiment to see what works, or ask on
lilypond-user.gnu.org

>  I also tried inserting the directive before the music (pitches), but
> it messed up the score layout

You will need to send the LilyPond syntax you generated for me to
understand what you mean here...