Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo on Linux

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo on Linux
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 12:48:55 +0100

On Wed, 2017-09-20 at 03:29 +0000, NagyMusic wrote:
> I just tried installing Denemo on Linux (Ubuntu 17.04 Budgie). I
> attempted to install the 2.2 version following the directions on the
> website

I clicked on the link
http://denemo.org/downloads/denemo-2.2.0-0.linux-x86.tar.xz

on the denemo.org website and followed this instruction

Unpack (“Extract”) the .tar.xz file and the execute the Launch_Denemo.sh
file (double click on it).

Double-clicking Launch_Denemo.sh did not start Denemo, but instead
opened it in a text editor. I couldn't see an option to execute it in my
file browser (I'm using MATE on Debian Jessie) so I used the command
line

./Launch_Denemo.sh

after using the "cd" command to move to the directory containing
Launch_Denemo.sh

Whether double-clicking will work for you will depend on the preferences
you have set in your file browser. I've updated the web page
instructions to reflect this.