Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi notes inserted while in 'listening' mode

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi notes inserted while in 'listening' mode
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 12:30:37 +0100

On Thu, 2017-09-07 at 22:23 +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm still at 2.1.3 so apologies if this has been fixed already.
>
> I have Midi input enabled and the virtual keyboard displayed.
>
> I move the mouse to the VK window, which makes the Denemo window lose
> focus.
>
> I press the shift key. Denemo switches from "Appending/Editing Pitches" to
> "Listening to Pitches".
>
> But when I click on a note in the VK, the note is still inserted.

The bug here is in the labelling and help of the virtual keyboard
command. It's not in the Input->MIDI menu on purpose, because it isn't a
virtual MIDI controller - I think I was going to do that, but is was
trickier. But then I forgot to change the label.

I've fixed this now, but it occurs to me that it might be worth a bug
report to ask for the "listening to MIDI" to work also for the virtual
keyboard and to entering notes via pc keyboard, if it was useful to
someone.
At the point where the note is about to be inserted, a check could be
made (perhaps) to see if the Listening To MIDI was active and the note
insertion abandoned at that stage.