Re: [Denemo-devel] Emailing: diegedankentemp.zip

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Emailing: diegedankentemp.zip
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 17:00:09 +0100

On Wed, 2017-08-16 at 16:24 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> HI Richard,
>
> This tune consists of a tune staff and a chord staff and 3 verses in
> English (Pete Seeger version) and 5 in German (the original)
> I laid out the English verses as 1-3 fitting them to the notes, but
> didn't bother with the German, as I intended them to be printed at the
> end, using the Lyric PrintAt End from verse 4
> But it wouldn't typeset,

presumably because you had something causing trouble in the German
Verses.
>  returning to last note of tune
if you have a problem with some lyrics then the positioning of the
cursor won't help - it's only useful if the problem is in the music.

> When I deleted Lyric verses 4-8 using the command in Lyrics, it now
> typesets, with deleted German Verses at end.
>
> There is something not very clear happening. Presumably Lyric verses
> printed at end must be fitted to the tune before "Print at end"

No, they could be any old junk - the text is simply copied to the end
surrounded by suitable \markup {} commands. But, of course, if it *is*
any old junk it may prevent the score from typesetting until the verse
is deleted. Deleting the verse won't alter anything that has been copied
to the end, you would have to use the movement editor or the
Movement->Titles->"Text after Movement" command (this command is what
has been used by Denemo to typeset your verses at the end).

> And, though I think we have discussed this previously, if I delete a
> Lyric verse, I expect it to stay deleted!!  :-)

Well, the German verses did get deleted, but as you created some text at
the end of the movement from them first that text didn't vanish...